We're looking for an Apple-esque sys admin to join our team. We're especially excited about this next hire, as it will be the sixth person in the company! Right now, Lucas and Brandon are doing most of the advanced implementation and support for our business clients. You would be both managing current, and spearheading new server-based and MDM projects alongside Brandon as Lucas continues to focus on the growth of the company.
Environments you would be responsible for range from 5-person companies needing in-person monthly maintenance visits, to large enterprises needing a 2500 iPad or Mac rollout. We work together on a lot of these projects, but each person has their deliverables they are responsible for.
With each person that joins our team, we look forward to how they can influence the rest of us, and make Foojee’s offering even stronger. While we love to hire based on character and core values, we also need a certain baseline skill set for this position, of which we’ve outlined below. (We do need to make money with the mad skills we have, after all).
These are the skills we’re looking for:
Extensive OS X Troubleshooting.
Familiarity with OS X Server and Open Directory.
Familiarity with basic scripting, and command line administration in OS X.
Intermediate experience with networking including firewall configuration, DNS, and DHCP.
Extensive iOS Troubleshooting.
Familiarity with at least one MDM, and an understanding of iOS’s MDM features.
Beyond these, we hope you’re as hungry to learn, because that’s a big part of our job. I mean, have you checked iOS’s and OS X’s annual changes lately?
What it's like to work at Foojee
It turns out that we love our jobs. It’s got its challenges and its perks, and while it's hard to explain in a bullet list, we want to give you an idea of what this position will look like.
- Remote work from home (or wherever) about 30% of the time.
- On site work at the client’s office the rest of the time. (We meet weekly at Roam for our team meetings, too.)
- You’ll do lots of driving. Don’t worry, we try to schedule meeting times that avoid traffic, and we get to listen to podcasts like Serial and The Talk Show between appointments.
- You’ve got to love people. That’s one of our core values. We are here to serve.
- This doesn’t mean you have to be an extrovert, but just know that you’ll also be in front of people quite a bit.
- Sometimes we’re called to fix problems, and sometimes we’re called to create amazing solutions. You should feel comfortable with holding the weight of our clients’ problems and being able to deliver a confident solution.
- We are only as good as our people. We believe each one of us makes our own impact on the company. So we do a lot of listening, debating, and reiterating to improve on our company's approach and processes.
- We're a small business, so things can move quickly, and sometimes we need to band together to get something done, even if it's outside of our typical role.
How to Apply
We love cover letters, and examples of environments or projects you've done in the past. If you think you're the right fit for this job, not just any job, let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.